Monday 21 November 2011

Will your infant son ever see an NBA game?




A conversation between a father and his son in the year 2022:
“Daddy, who’s Michael Jordan?”
“He’s a famous basketball player.  The best player in the history of the NBA.”
“What’s the NBA?” 
Over at ESPN there’s a good piece on wherethe lockout is headed.  It's an all-encompassing write up, so you can see varying views. I continue to take an NBApocalypse approach and drink in my bunker during this NBA nuclear winter. 
Eighteen games on tap total this weekend  I cheated and had some of Sunday’s drinks on Saturday.  Nine games slated for Saturday, and since it was Saturday and I was getting drunk regardless of the lockout I had five of Sunday’s drinks (that I can remember at least), so fourteen total Saturday leaving me with a manageable four remaining for Sunday.  Saturday I was drinking Red Stag with a splash of coke, mostly doubles.  Delicious drink, but very sweet and not something you can have every week.  It’s more of a get-drunk-off-once-a-month drink for me. 

Sunday's games (9 – 5 Saturday, 4 Sunday):
CHI @ LAC (Red Stag and Coke): I know, I know, not too creative, but this would be a sweet game to watch and Redstag and coke is a sweet drink.
DAL @ ATL (CrownRoyal and ginger): Rye and ginger.  A drink I like, but don’t love for a game that would captivate my interest only if there was overtime, or if ZaZa Pachulia got a flagrant foul against Dirk. 
NOH @ ORL (Hpnotiq): After the game Chris Paul refused to join the team and staged a ‘sit-in’ in the visitor’s locker room saying he would not leave until traded to Orlando to play alongside Dwight.  This is basically what ‘Melo did, and now you see why we have a lockout.  Drank Hypnotiq simply because it matches the uniforms.
CLE @ CHA (Bud Light): This is the definition of a punishing Jack n’ Grind game, but I just didn’t have it in me.  So I sipped on a Bud Light, which is punishment enough

No comments:

Post a Comment