Thursday 17 November 2011

13 games (drinks) on tap last night




‘Hump day’ is proving to be the most difficult in my drinking odessey.  Getting lit-up on Friday and Saturday is no problem, but consuming thirteen drinks mid-week takes its toll.  What the hell else am I gonna do, watch ice hockey?  Jumping straight to the drinks today…

Wednesday's games (13)
BOS @ MIA (Hoegaarden): The beer I use to symbolize games that people are hyped about, and I just don’t care for.  I’d definitely tune into this game, but indifferently.  Boston circa ’08 (which I hated) paved the way for Miami ’10 (which I hate). 
DAL @ MEM (Hypnotiq): As long as we don’t get a complacent Z-bo this could be the matchup of the night.  Sipped some tasty liqueur to enjoy it.  
CHI @ POR / LAC @ SAS (Zubrowka and apple juice):  Promising matchups, so I had a drink that tastes like cinnamon-apple juice.  Seeing Blake bang against Duncan is always great.  Depending on what Portland and San Antonio team came to play these matchups have serious potential.
NJN @ OKC / NYK @ DEN / IND @ ATL (Canadian club & gingerale):  Middling matchups, so I drank an ‘ok’ drink.  Knicks @ (former Knicks) Denver would be interesting. 
PHI @ GSW / PHO @ TOR / HOU @ NOH (Labatt 50):  In each matchup I’m interested in 50% of the teams: Warriors, Suns, Hornets; and could care less about the other 50%: I’m looking at you Raptors.
WAS @ SAC / MIL @ MIN (Smirnoff Ice): Four unwatchable teams (I’ll admit, The Bucks and ‘Wolves could potentially be solid this year…potentially).  "Icing" people has become fashionable, but Smirnoff Ice has long been the symbol of a detested drink in my circle.  Would have drank Zima’s if I could find them.
CHA @ CLE (Jack n' Grind): Technically there were three 'Jack n' Grind' quality games, but in the battle of “unwatchability”, Bobcats @ Cavs is as bad as it gets.  Also, I wasn't about to have three helpings of: a coffee mug sprinkled with coffee grinds and a shot of Jack Daniel's.  

No comments:

Post a Comment