Wednesday 16 November 2011

Sorry College Basketball, my heart belongs to another




Is infidelity enough to end a meaningful long-term relationship?  Suppose you are in love with someone, and they are in love with you, it’s a connection that transcends physicality - an experience you’ve never had before.  You’ve built a life together; live together; grow together.  Suppose this person, who you care about deeply, was intimate with someone else.  It meant nothing, it was a drunken mistake, the encounter was baseless, but it happened.  Could you forgive and accept this loved one back into your life?  Can you look past this one transgression, move on, and continue to build together?  This is the scenario I feel with the current NBA Lockout. I feel betrayed, I feel lost, my heart is broken.  I need to decide if the life I've built with the NBA is worth saving – as of now, I do not know.  This has been a lifelong relationship, and in recent years (with my LeaguePass subscription) we’ve taken the equivalent steps of ‘moving in’, and ‘talks of engagement’.  Can I throw it all away just because of the lockout?  I feel if my friends were to intervene they’d give me advice like “she’s not good for you”, “we don’t like how she’s treating you”, “it’s time to move on”.  While I mend my heart, just like the last time I became single, I’ll listen to Kanye's '808s and Heartbreak' on continuous loop, and continue to drink…

Tuesday’s Games (4):
LAC @ HOU / PHO @ DET (Heartbreak cocktail): Just typed 'heartbreak cocktail' in google and I got this.  Pretty tasty actually, accept I didn't use Bacardi rum. Ohh, and for 2500 pounds you can purchase this
ORL @ IND / WAS @ LAL (Fireball Whiskey): Because it tastes like the cinnamon hearts you used to get on Valentine's Day as a kid.  

No comments:

Post a Comment