Saturday 19 November 2011

Bombay Tackles '10 Manliest Drinks'




A ‘source’ has leaked that the NBA is “optimistic” about having the season ready to start on Christmas day.  You have a better chance of seeing Osama Bin Laden in full Santa-garb on Christmas day than you do of seeing any NBA games.  Conserve your Christmas wishes and prayers because if David Stern can’t bring you the NBA on Christmas then Santa and Jesus sure as hell can’t.   Oh, and if you haven’t already, make sure to check out my starting five for the Teetotaler All-Stars
While on Stumbleupon I found a recipe for 10 Manliest Cocktails.  I tried some of them out last night.  Since they are strong drinks I doubled up some of the matchups, I also didn't have all the ingredients for every drink so I just made due.

Friday's Games (11)
CHI @ PHO (Old Fashioned): Whenever I think of Bulls vs Suns I think of this.  Whenever I think of an ‘old fashioned’ I think of this.
CHA @ PHI / POR @ IND (Manhattan): Hey David Stern, “what have I done to deserve this dry and flavourless manhattan?” Yes, I'm re-hashing the same 'Simpsons' Manhattan reference I did earlier in the week.
ATL @ DET (Stinger): Brandy and crème de menthe.  Again, thanks for making me smell like a bum who’s been drinking mouthwash all-day Billy Hunter.  
DEN @ OKC / LAC @ UTA (Rusty Nail): Scotch and drambuie.  Best tasting drink on this list for the best matchups. 
MIA @ CLE / NJN @ NOH (Godfather): Amaretto and scotch.  Can you guess in these matchups which teams are ‘amaretto’ and which ones are ‘scotch’?
SAC @ DAL / SAS @ MIN (Sidecar): Bourbon, cointreau lemon juice.  I'll be honest, I didn't have triple sec (cointreau) so I just sipped brandy.
MIL @ TOR (Smirnoff Ice): But you say, “Bombay, there is nothing manly about a Smirnoff Ice.”  No there isn't, no there isn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment