Wednesday 23 November 2011

14 Drinks on Tap: Monday and Tuesday's Libations




Yesterday I posted an article on how us fans should stop crying about social injustice and realize we are not ‘owed’ a season by the NBA and its players (check it out) but I neglected to post the drinks consumed for Monday and Tuesday.  I’m in Michigan for Thanksgiving and haven’t decided what I’m going to have for the always dangerous Wednesday matchups, or what kind of drink-theme I’m going to use during Thanksgiving weekend.  All I know is Wild Turkey will be consumed.  If you’re bored, head over to SLAM and get caught up on the most recent in the legalproceedings (spoiler: NBA is still locked out, and will continue to be locked out regardless if they head back to the negotiating/mediator table.)  Additional spoiler: I will continue to drink…

Monday's Games (7)
CHI @ UTA / DEN @ LAC (Jack and coke):  Solid games, so had my most solid of drinks.
GSW @ NJN / MIN @ HOU (Budweiser):  Not just any old Budweiser's, but basement-dwelling Buds from my mom's basement.  Similar to where these four teams will be this year.
NYK @ SAC / POR @ CHA (Labatt Blue):  The most common beer in Canada.  Didn’t want to put any thought into these matchups.
OKC @ SAS (Zubrowka and apple juice):  Best tasting drink for the game of the night.  Tastes like cinnamon apple juice, but not the kind of drink you can have too often. 

Tuesday's Games (7)
ATL @ MIA (Stoli and cranberry): Vodka-cran isn’t a full-on effeminate drink, but it’s close to.  Tried to stick with vodka as much as I could tonight too.  Might make vodka-cran my ‘official’ drink of that Miami Heat team.
BOS @ WAS / PHI @ DAL (Shot of Stoli): These games would be over quick so took a quick shot. 
CHI @ DEN (RedStag and coke):  When I looked at this matchup that’s just the drink that popped into my head.  Might make Red Stag my ‘official’ drink of the Chicago Bulls.  Damn I miss D-Reezy.
DET @ IND / NJN @ PHO (Labatt Blue): Middling beer for middling games.
LAL @ MEM (42Below Vodka): Fantastic vodka from New Zealand of all places.  It’s a great sipping vodka that crushes the ‘mainstream premium’ vodkas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment