Monday 7 November 2011

The End is Near: man seeking woman



Repent ye sinners, for the end is nigh!  Once more, Saturday’s labour talk showdown ended with a bang.  This time it wasn’t Billy Hunter slamming his books shut and storming out while stomping his feet, but it was Gangsta #1, David Stern, laying the gauntlet and giving the players an ultimatum offer with threats that future offers will pale in comparison.  Now the internets are alive with wild speculation, and all signs point to NBAmagedden.  Union decertification has no longer become a question of if, but when.  I for one, am stockpiling bottled water and canned goods in preparation for the end of the (NBA) world.  Negotiations have devolved into a game of chicken and it looks like the hard-lined owners have no intention of taking their feet off the gas pedal.  If the owners make good on their threat then the players only move will be union decertification, which will lead to a legal dispute being mired in court for months thus no NBA season.

When your world is collapsing around you and impending doom is near, you find yourself doing things previously thought of as unthinkable.  I’ve began taking preemptive measure to ensure my survival should the 2011-2012 season be put out to pasture.  With all this pending free time needing to be filled I decided to take active measures and seek a girlfriend.  Usually with the NBA season in full swing I just don’t have the time to balance it and a girlfriend, plus how can I be true to a woman if my heart belongs to another?  For the first ever, I’ve posted an ad on craigslist to help me fill the chasm in my heart.  If you have a thing for NBA-obsessed booze hounds in their late 20s then reply to my ad and maybe we’ll have a connection.  In the meantime, I’ll continue to drink…

Sunday’s games (6):
CLE @ LAC, NOH @ LAL, NYN @ DET, PHI @ ORL, POR @ PHO, WAS @ MIA
I was still reeling from the drinks on Saturday, eleven games, but I easily eclipsed that amount of drinks while out at a house party, and since there were no games of note, I just sipped on a six-pack of PBR.

Tonight’s games (5):
CLE @ DEN, DAL @ TOR, LAL @ SAC, MIL @ NJN, SAS @ GSW 
Only five games on tap, and it’s the kind of pedestrian night where I would probably forego the action in favour of getting caught up on sleep.  Until someone responds to my craigslist ad, I’m still single, so I’ll drink:  Two bottles of OV, and three dark rum and cokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment