Tuesday 1 November 2011

My Protest



Inspired by the monks who protested the Vietnam War by lighting themselves on fire, I am protesting the NBA Lockout by dousing my liver with alcohol.  Using the original 2011-2012 NBA Schedule, I will consume an alcoholic unit for each game missed due to the lockout.   I’ve amassed an assortment of beers, bottles of liquor, and liqueurs, and will imbibe on a myriad of drinks ranging from delicious to disgusting – depending on the quality of the matchup.
Much like a widow who wakes up every morning and is jarred back to a cold reality after touching the cold side of the bed, I mourn every time I check sites on the NBA blogosphere and am reminded that our beloved NBA is gone.  Follow me as I traverse the terrain of loss and despair using booze as a coping mechanism and a symbol of protest.   My liver will not rest until the lockout is dead, and the NBA lives once more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment